Tuesday 1 September 2009

Brown Bunny Swirl

5"X5" Cream and brown "Bunny" birthday card.

The "Bunny" is from one of "The Angel Company" stamps, I coloured him with shades of Brown water colours then cut him out.

I rounded the corners of the card then inked it with a Brown ink pad, cut out three 3"X1" rectangles, a 2"X2" and a 1"X1" square and rounded of the corners on these too, after inking them all I embossed the rectangles using Cuttlebug's "Swirl" embossing folder and inked the pattern over with the same Brown ink pad.


The 2"X2" was stamped with a swirl stamp and topped with the "Bunny" using foam pads.


I stamped ""Birthday Wishes" on the small square then spaced the panels out around the card using foam pads, I then made some small circles using an eyelet puncher from some thick Orangey Brown card and glued the punched circles around the swirls (these matched the "Bunnys" trousers perfectly)


There was a gap to the right of the "bunny" which I wanted to fill by using brads, I had Brown brads but I no Orangey Brown ones so I glued 2 small punched Eyelet circles back to back and used "Glossy Accents" to give them a bit of dimension, when glued to the card they looked and felt exactly like brads.


4 comments:

  1. This is great Vince, and I love the idea of using painted eyelet circles as brads, they look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Vince. I love the swirly embossed bits. They look really effective chopped up this way.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new blog, Vince! I love this card -- you did beautifully! That bunny image is just adorable; he has a body shape like mine!!!! LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card - simple in effect but well thought out and planned in such detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, I moderate all my comments so they might not be published straight away, but be patient I do check them daily. X Vince

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin