Monday 31 August 2009

PLAYING CONKERS



RULES OF THE GAME

If a player misses hitting his/her opponents conker they are allowed 2 more goes.
If the strings get all tangled, the first player to call "strings" gets another go.
If a player hits his/her opponents conker in such a way that it completes a whole circle after being hit (this is called ‘around the world’ that player gets another go.
If a player drops his conker, or it is knocked out of his hand the other player can shout 'stamps' and jump on it; but should its owner first cry 'no stamps' then the conker, hopefully, remains intact.
The game goes on in turns until one or other of the two conkers is completely destroyed.

Another game sadly now banned in most schools in the UK.
___________________________________________________________________

8"X 3 1/2" card covered in my "Conkers" Paper (Included in download below)
I then covered the bottom half in green Gingham vellum rounded off the corners and inked around the whole card first with Chestnut Brown and then Black ink pads.

I then applied a piece of ribbon (a Chestnut Brown colour - but Black or Dark Green looked good too) to cover the vellum edge.

After cutting out the picture I run a Black felt tip pen around it's edge to hide any White still showing.
I mounted the picture using foam pads, printed off "Remember when" on my computer, mounted it on black card and used foam pads to attached this too.

DOWNLOAD "PLAYING CONKERS" PDF FILE HERE.

3 comments:

  1. More of your gorgeous 'memories' drawings.

    I can remember playing conkers and getting my knuckles bashed so hard I wanted to cry, but that was way too girly for tomboy like me.

    You are evoking some wonderful memories in me with this range of your art work. Thanks for sharing Vince.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog via Fab's. Beautiful art work. Thank goodness Fab persuaded you to set up a blog. Thanks so much for sharing so generously!
    Sal

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW just found your blog,your images and cards are brilliant!!! Thankyou so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, I moderate all my comments so they might not be published straight away, but be patient I do check them daily. X Vince

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin