Tuesday 18 August 2009

A VERY QUICK CARD - THE GARDENER

I wanted to do a birthday card for a friend of ours who is a "no fuss" sort of guy, and a keen gardener to boot.
I didn't have much time as he and his wife were coming over that night, so I drew this funny little man dressed in his straw hat and gardening apron , printed him on white card and decoupaged him.

I covered a 6X6 card with chocolate brown card then embossed a slightly smaller piece of mid blue (white core) which I had embossed on one side and sanded to show the white core.
A piece of "Hot Off The Press" Dotty paper was matted with brown then I used a CLEAR Sakura pen to highlight the dots.
I glued this to the left hand side of the card and stuck on the "Gardener", I then stuck small plastic flowers onto the stems using foam pads.
The Happy Birthday was printed and backed with the same brown as the rest of the card.

I wouldn't usually use flowers on a man's card but he IS a gardener so it was either that or vegetables.

Download the "GARDENER" decoupage here

Vince x

5 comments:

  1. Great Card Vince there is something waiting on my blog for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! What a great card and what an easy and quick way to make it! Always the best stuff! Thanks for the download too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card! Love the gardener!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just been looking through your blog what a talented guy you are - best wishes for 2010 - Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vielen Dank .Es ist so klasse.
    LG Tina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, I moderate all my comments so they might not be published straight away, but be patient I do check them daily. X Vince

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin