Thursday 25 February 2010

Thinking Of You Card + Matching Envelope

Fab had just downloaded some of the beautiful papers from Claire's site
making-handmade-cards.com
After completing his wonderful Vintage Angel Christmas card for his Christmas Challenge site (see here ) Fab had some papers left over which I thought would make a "tasteful" bereavement card.
It's one of those sort of cards that you hope you'll not need, but is always handy to have in your collection - just in case.

After covering the card in the paper I inked the edge and rounded off the corners.
I then cut away the Christmas message from the round frame then stamped the sentiment on the card corner covering it with the sticky foam backed frame, then applied the gems.
The glittery pale gold organza ribbon matched perfectly but I didn't have enough to go across the card twice so I ended it under the embellishments.
The angel was decoupaged (3 layers) using different coloured off cuts from the scrap sheet then I used a "StarDust"  Sakura pen over the wings.

Vince X

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Vince and perfect for such a sad occasion. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning work, Vince! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect card for such a sad occasion...

    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, I moderate all my comments so they might not be published straight away, but be patient I do check them daily. X Vince

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin