Monday 29 March 2010

ELSIE REMEMBERED

I made this card for my wonderful aunt for her birthday next month.
The mounted picture is of "Elsie" my aunt's auntie (my great aunt) who died tragically at the age of  just 28 in the early 1930s.

I used the Free Photo Editing Software "PHOTOSCAPE" which is downloadable from the net to turn the scanned photo into a sketch.
The "lace" is border punched card dabbed over with a cream ink pad and decorated with tiny left over negative peels offs.

The flowers were punched out in two sizes (3 of each) sprayed with water scrunched up tightly,  reopened and left to dry which gives them more dimension.
The ribbon I had matched the background too well so I glued it onto brown card then mounted it with gold mirri card to lift it from the card.

Vince X

9 comments:

  1. This is stunning Vince and I'm sure your aunt will treasure it. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly beautiful card vince! I'm almost crying! I've always wanted to use old family photo's in my card making, now I know how special they feel I must give it a go.
    love as always Gina x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous hun....the photo is beautiful

    hug shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its wonderful Vince,
    There's know doubt you hold her in the highest regard ( big smile)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, Vince. Meant to leave a comment days ago, but got all excited about downloading photoscape! Thanks - it's good isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Vince! Digitally remastering photos is a great way to create a new mood and feeling with a much-loved image, isn't it? Quite amazing how much material we have at our fingertips without amassing all the stash we crave...what are we like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this card is absolutely gorgeous, stunning,i
    came across your site through Day dream beliver.
    Babs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment, I moderate all my comments so they might not be published straight away, but be patient I do check them daily. X Vince

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin